[news.admin] rec.arts.startrek.info?

nagel@wintermute.ICS.UCI.EDU (Mark Nagel) (02/09/90)

Does anyone know why the moderator tables have not yet been updated
for rec.arts.startrek.info?  I checked at ucsd and uunet and both
have no forwarding address for this new group.  I added
trek-info@scam.berkeley.edu to my local mailpaths file for now, but
shouldn't the central ones should be updated soon?

Mark

brodie@fps.mcw.edu (02/09/90)

In article <23517.634515114@wintermute.ics.uci.edu>, nagel@wintermute.ICS.UCI.EDU (Mark Nagel) writes:
> Does anyone know why the moderator tables have not yet been updated
> for rec.arts.startrek.info?  I checked at ucsd and uunet and both
> have no forwarding address for this new group.  I added
> trek-info@scam.berkeley.edu to my local mailpaths file for now, but
> shouldn't the central ones should be updated soon?
>
> Mark

Well, something got really screwed up, and I don't know what, or where.
I myself never got the "newgroup" control message (I am far from being alone
in this..), so I had to create the newsgroup manually and miss the first
half-dozen postings.   It doesn't seem to be a problem with my upstream
distribution (my neighbor passes me EVERYTHING), which was evident by
the fact that as soon as I created the group, messages started rolling
in.

Many people complained about the fact that the group was never "created"
(which says to me that their site never got the "newgroup" control msg..)

I also updated my own local moderator table manually..   *sigh*
Kent C. Brodie - Systems Manager		brodie@fps.mcw.edu
Medical College of Wisconsin	     voice:	+1 414 778 4500
				     FAX:       +1 414 778 6694

"The worst thing you can do to a VAX/VMS system is log in."
			-Said at a local DECUS vax performance seminar

icsu6000@caesar (Jaye Mathisen) (02/10/90)

In article <3363.25d281af@fps.mcw.edu> brodie@fps.mcw.edu writes:
>In article <23517.634515114@wintermute.ics.uci.edu>, nagel@wintermute.ICS.UCI.EDU (Mark Nagel) writes:
>> Does anyone know why the moderator tables have not yet been updated
>
>I myself never got the "newgroup" control message (I am far from being alone

We/I never got the newgroup either.

Maybe whoever sent it the first time can redo it.

In the mean time, it's going into junk.
| Jaye Mathisen,systems manager       Internet: icsu6000@caesar.cs.montana.edu|
| 410 Roberts Hall                      BITNET: icsu6000@mtsunix1.bitnet      |
| Dept. of Computer Science	                                              |