[news.admin] BIFF IS RELAY A NICE GUUY, BEWAR OF IMPUSTURS

BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF) (06/06/90)

BIFF(1)             UNIX Programmer's Manual		  BIFF(1)

NAME
     biff - be notified if mail arrives and who it is from

SYNOPSIS
     biff [ ynb ]

DESCRIPTION
     HI.  SO YOU WANT TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER, HUH?  OK.  MEET YOU
     AT 7!  ;-)  OH.  ONLY IF YOU'RE A GIRL.  I CAN'T TELL IF YOU'RE
     A GIRL OR A GUY BECAUSE THIS IS A RECORDING!! :-)  MY JOB IS TO
     LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GET MAIL.  IT'S NOT MUCH OF A JOB, BUT IT
     BEATS SELLING PENCILS! :-)   TO ACTIVATE ME, TYPE EITHER

	  biff y
	  biff b

     AND TO DEACTIVATE ME, TYPE

	  biff n

     BUT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT, WOULD YOU? :-) :-) :-)  WELL,
     I'VE GOT TO GO.  I NEED TO TELL TWO USERS THAT THEY JUST GOT MAIL.
     JUST KIDDING!

SEE ALSO
     csh(1), sh(1), mail(1), comsat(8C)

Printed 9/22/88          April 29, 1985                         1

BIFF@BIT.NET           BIFF@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU        BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET      BIFF@ThunderCat.COM        BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
        BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.BITNET.EDU.UUCP
--
BIFF@BIT.NET           BIFF@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU        BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET      BIFF@ThunderCat.COM        BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
        BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.BITNET.EDU.UUCP

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (06/07/90)

In article <COMSAT88@BIT.NET>, BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF) writes:

[a whole bunch of crapola deleted]

> BIFF@BIT.NET           BIFF@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU        BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
> BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET      BIFF@ThunderCat.COM        BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
>         BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.BITNET.EDU.UUCP
> --
> BIFF@BIT.NET           BIFF@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU        BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
> BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET      BIFF@ThunderCat.COM        BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
>         BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.BITNET.EDU.UUCP

This "person" strikes me as the single most compelling reason to legalize
abortion.

If only I had a way to send a mail message to this clown which would give him
about a 40KV zap through his keyboard if he EVER gets hooked up to usenet
again.

Biff, GET THE H*LL OFF THE NET!  We don't need you here.  Go bother some other
12 year old.
--
  .-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (06/08/90)

In article <2192@tmiuv0.uucp> rick@tmiuv0.uucp writes:
|In article <COMSAT88@BIT.NET>, BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF) writes:
|
|[a whole bunch of crapola deleted]
|
|> BIFF@BIT.NET           BIFF@DELTA.EECS.NWU.EDU        BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
|> BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET      BIFF@ThunderCat.COM        BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
|>         BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.BITNET.EDU.UUCP
|> --
  [repeat]

|This "person" strikes me as the single most compelling reason to legalize
|abortion.
 . . .
|Biff, GET THE H*LL OFF THE NET!  We don't need you here.  Go bother some other
|12 year old.
|--
|  .-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \

Yawn.

=

Nets: levin@bbn.com  |     "I studied the tabletop.  It had a nice mosaic
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |  pattern of black against green.
POTS: (617)873-3463  |     "'Well,' I said after a time.  'That really
                     |  sucks.'"           --SKZB

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (06/28/90)

Does BIFF = imposter?

Who created this newsgroup?  We have both alt.fan.biff and
alt.fan.BIFF.  The latter would be more to his liking since he only
has a Teletype model 33 as his network connection.  Maybe that's why
he's implicitly vengeful.  We can't say it's explicit, can we now?

Not only does he have his very own newsgroup but he may even wreak
havoc on mailing lists.  For those with retribution in mind, there is
the following address:

	biff@zaphod.cs.ohio-state.edu

BEWARE:  I tried replying once and had mailer troubles the next couple
of days (He might even be innocent, but then again ...)

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.