From: news@pirates.UUCP (News Maintainer)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.motif.ctl
Subject: newgroup comp.windows.x.motif
Date: 5 Jul 90 12:27:17 GMT
Control: newgroup comp.windows.x.motif

| Internet:   kucharsk@Solbourne.COM	      |	William Kucharski             |
| uucp:	...!{boulder,sun,uunet}!stan!kucharsk |	Solbourne Computer, Inc.      |
= The opinions above are mine alone and NOT those of Solbourne Computer, Inc. =

brian@padouk.ima.isc.com (Brian R. Holt) (07/09/90)

In article <1990Jul6.201631.1617@Solbourne.COM>,
kucharsk@number6.Solbourne.COM (William Kucharski) writes:

|> I thought a vote was taken not too long ago regarding the creation of a
|> comp.windows.x.motif and it was generally thought to be a bad idea, yet the
|> group exists today.

There are several ways of creating Usenet newsgroups according to the
guidelines. One of these is the proposal/discussion/voting process. The
other is that a newsgroup may be created when there is an existing Internet
mailing list. The newsgroup and mailing list are then gatewayed. This is
the way that comp.risks, comp.windows.x and numerous other groups were
created. The motif@alphalpha.com mailing list is rather large (I believe
it has over 150 recipients) and the comp.windows.x.motif newsgroup is
now gatewayed to it.

		=brian

Email	brian@ima.isc.com
Phone	617-661-7474 x206