	To: cornell!rutgers!comp-sys-ibm-pc-digest
	From: alex@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle)
	Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.ibm.pc.digest
	Subject: Mac mail systems & file transport
	Date: 25 Jul 90 03:43:42 GMT

Software here is cnews 10-Jan-1990 and nn 6.4.9.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
		- Liz Allen-Mitchell	liz@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us
					ames!elroy!grian!liz

liz@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Liz Allen-Mitchell) (08/07/90)

I mucked through some old history files and found that the article
cross-posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.digest and comp.sys.mac.apps *did* get
posted locally to comp.sys.mac.apps...  As far as I can tell,
comp.sys.ibm.pc.digest was marked moderated at the time -- it was a
few days before and a few days after the posting date.  The article
was also not posted locally to comp.sys.ibm.pc.digest.  The line in
the history file has no mention of comp.sys.ibm.pc.digest:

<1990Jul25.034342.2996@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us>
	648877432~-	comp.sys.mac.apps/830

(I wrapped it.)

Unfortunately, the log files are gone.

Now, the questions is: why did it go into comp.sys.mac.apps?

Earlier today, I tried crossposting to two test groups -- one moderated
and one not -- and the article was not posted; just mailed.