[news.admin] Time to Moderate this Group

gst@gnosys.svle.ma.us (Gary S. Trujillo) (09/02/90)

In [sci.environment] <7686@fmeed1.UUCP> cage@fmeed1.UUCP (Russ Cage) writes:

> It may indeed be time.

> We now have two posters from cdp.UUCP who have the nasty habits of:

> 2.)	Not using cross-posting when sending to multiple groups.
> 	(Tom Gray is guilty of this as well.)

> If it takes a moderator to clean it up, then maybe we need one.
> Let's see if these people clean up their acts themselves, though.

Hmmm.  Well, this is probably as good a time and place as any to ask
a question I've been wondering about for a long time.  If I cross-
post an article, and one of the newsgroups is moderated, the whole
article is sent to the moderator of that newsgroup, and the other
postings fail.

Questions:

   1. Is this behavior a "feature" of news and/or my news reader?

   2. Wouldn't it be counter-productive to make sci.environment
      moderated, since (if this glitch is a feature), it would
      make it harder to cross-post between sci.environment and
      other newsgroups?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

--
    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst@gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst