[news.admin] DDMI - avoid them

scott@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Scott Hazen Mueller) (10/24/90)

Today I found the following in comp.newprod:

|From: orders@tygra.ddmi.com (DDMI Sales)
|Newsgroups: comp.newprod
|Subject: DDMI Prices on DigiBoard and Telebit Products
|Date: 24 Oct 90 04:51:47 GMT
|
|Sorry to repost, but some one attempted to cancel this post so I had
|to re-post it. To all USENET News managers: Make sure that comp.newprod
|is marked as "unmoderated" (ie that it has the letter "y" after its
|entry in your /usr/lib/news/active file rather than a letter "m").

I've posted a cancel message, and have fired off email to the posting address
with a Cc: to the comp.newprod moderator.  This post is to remind all news
administrators that comp.newprod is indeed a moderated group, and to ask all
computer users and buyers to avoid doing business with DDMI due to their
high degree of Usenet rudeness.

--
Scott Hazen Mueller | scott@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG or (ames|pyramid|vsi1)!zorch!scott
10122 Amador Oak Ct.| +1 408 253 6767   |Mail fusion-request@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG

epeterso@houligan.encore.com (Eric Peterson) (10/25/90)

scott@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Scott Hazen Mueller) writes:

| Today I found the following in comp.newprod:
|
| |Sorry to repost, but some one attempted to cancel this post so I had
| |to re-post it. To all USENET News managers: Make sure that comp.newprod
| |is marked as "unmoderated" (ie that it has the letter "y" after its
| |entry in your /usr/lib/news/active file rather than a letter "m").
|
| This post is to remind all news
| administrators that comp.newprod is indeed a moderated group, and to ask all
| computer users and buyers to avoid doing business with DDMI due to their
| high degree of Usenet rudeness.

The net.gods.fidonet would call this sort of behiavor "excessively
irritating" ...

Eric

PS:  You mean there actually is someone else at zorch other than Kent
     Paul Dolan?! :-)
--
       Eric Peterson <> epeterson@encore.com <> uunet!encore!epeterson
   Encore Computer Corp. * Ft. Lauderdale, Florida * (305) 587-2900 x 5208