[news.admin] Internet/NSFNet proposal - what should we do?

jessea@dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) (11/04/90)

In article <1990Oct28.220432.521@ddsw1.MCS.COM>, karl@mcs.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) wrote the following:
>This is a call to action by all interested parties.
>
>There is wind of a proposal stirring in Washington that would place the
>NSFNet backbone, and eventually the entire government-run part of the
>Internet, into the hands of IBM.

Is there anything besides calling our elected officials that we can do?
Anyone else we should write to?  Should we have an overall plan of attack?
I know the modem line surcharge that was proposed a while back was hacked
because of the coordinated outpouring of indignation.  Let's do the same
thing with this crap.  Most of us think its a bad idea so let's stop saying
it's a bad idea and do something about it.  Ideas anyone?