[news.admin] Pot calls kettle black

kls@ditka.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) (01/22/91)

The following was passed along to me:

+ From: apple!apple.com!nca-maps (Northern California UUCP Map Coordinator)
+ Subject: Could you please update your UUCP map entry?
+
+ Dear UUCP site administrator,
+
+ It has been more than six months since I got a UUCP map entry for your
+ site. Is the published one all up to date, with a correct list of
+ connections, and connection routing weights (metrics)? If you could
+ take a minute and update your map entry to reflect any changes in your
+ site's connectivity or administration (and mail it back to nca-maps),
+ I would appreciate it.
+
+ 	Yours for better routing,
+
+ 	Erik E. Fair	apple!nca-maps    nca-maps@apple.com

Rather interesting in light of the fact that *all* of the published
data for Northern California is nearly six months old since none of
these maps have been updated since early August.  In fairness, I
should mention that Mel Pleasant indicated in mail that something
was being done about the situation.  I should also point out that
*that* was nearly two months ago.

(It's rather funny that Mel just happens to be among the most ardent
of proponents of rabid routers, which depend on the accuracy of the
published map data!  Anybody have a good list of rabid routers to
service ...)

--
Karl Swartz		|INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com
1-408/223-1308		|UUCP	{uunet,decwrl}!daver!ditka!kls
			|Snail	1738 Deer Creek Ct., San Jose CA 95148
"It's psychosomatic.  You need a lobotomy.  I'll get a saw." (Calvin)