[news.admin] Vnet aliens from outer space

emv@ox.com (Ed Vielmetti) (03/31/91)

Aaaagh!  They're here!

Looks like a big burst of fido stuff landed in comp.mail.uucp by
mistake.  Definitely some amount of culture shock, though the aliens
seem to be interested in some of our prize posessions (sf-lovers and
rec.games.frp).  Seem to be otherwise mostly harmless.

(closed smiley'd for the humor impaired :-)

--
 Msen	Edward Vielmetti
/|---	moderator, comp.archives

"With all of the attention and publicity focused on gigabit networks,
not much notice has been given to small and largely unfunded research
efforts which are studying innovative approaches for dealing with
technical issues within the constraints of economic science."
							RFC 1216

In article <90.27F56550@buscard.FIDONET.ORG>

   From: Mike.Bandoian@p0.f338.n103.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Bandoian)
   Newsgroups: comp.mail.uucp
   Date: 28 Mar 91 07:58:00 GMT
   Sender: ufgate@buscard.FIDONET.ORG (newsout1.26)

   -> Someone has some areas messed up and it was dumped into the wrong
   -> conference. I have already requested that it be stopped!

	   Thanks, VNet linked to UUCP is a very scary thought.

   --- QM v1.00
    * Origin: The Archivist's Scroll (714) 996-0805 (1:103/338.0)

   --
   Mike Bandoian - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
   UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!103!338.0!Mike.Bandoian