[news.sysadmin] cuae2 "un-mutual"!

meissner@dg_rtp.UUCP (Michael Meissner) (03/08/87)

In article <197@mcdchg.UUCP> heiby@mcdchg.UUCP (Ron Heiby) writes:
> I'm afraid that entropy is taking over at my old site, "cuae2".
> There's some real wierd politics going on.  Anyway, the management
> there has directed the system administrator to cut off news feeds
> for four sites, including electronic mail.  It sounds like we are
> just the "first", with more cuts to come.  I find it personally
> frustrating to see this happen, as I worked hard to come up with
> ways to participate in and support Usenet while I was there with
> minimal cost to AT&T.  Before I left, I thought my management had
> understood that it cost the division almost nothing, especially
> relative to the benefits received.  (sigh!)
>
> I would encourage news admins to check their mailpaths file to make
> sure that they aren't using "cuae2" if they can avoid it, as there
> is no way of knowing how much longer postings to moderated newsgroups
> will be forwarded by cuae2.

Hmmm, the annonomous uucp source archive of mod.sources which is also
located there has been giving me bad username/password for the last two
weeks, when uucp'ed a request there.  Oh well, we miss you Ron.  Any
body want to take over?  My machine can't be dialed into at the present
time.  BTW, I had to reroute the header because this news machine I'm on
doesn't list news.admin.
--
	Michael Meissner, Data General	Uucp: ...mcnc!rti-sel!dg_rtp!meissner

It is 11pm, do you know what your sendmail and uucico are doing?