[news.sysadmin] Lo! the poor Foothead, with his untutored mind ...

gsmith@cartan.UUCP (04/23/87)

   We shan't bother responding in detail to Foothead's various strawmen and
   wild exaggerations etc, or even his "what comes round" threat.

   (1) We were not the first to accuse anyone in particular of forging the
   phony Ken Arndt articles. That honor belongs to Foothead, who seemed
   annoyed that one of us (GWS) dared to point out that these were phonies
   and then went on himself to "speculate" that Paul Koloc or one or both
   of us of possibly being the person(s) responsible.

   (2) Foothead is angry that we posted circumstantial evidence implicating
   him. But we did this at his own request, indeed, at his own insistence.

   (3) Neither of us was responsible for removing the fh@eddie account. We
   did not request nor recommend this be done.  We suggest that if the evi-
   dence is indeed so poor, that Foothead take it up with the eddie system
   administrators.  Do note that even more has been uncovered and posted.

   (4) We are immensely flattered by Foothead's suggestion that we can remove
   anyone from the net whenever we want.  This promotion from self-proclaimed
   genius to Foothead-proclaimed genius is as gratifying as it is unexpected.
   Is Gene Spafford now quaking in his boots?

   (5) Foothead seems to be unaware that the borax mail log revealed that he
   was the only person mailing to rlr@borax the preceeding week.  Foothead
   claims that he mailed to rlr@borax in order to forward articles to Rich
   Rosen. Why then did he also mail directly to rlr@pyuxe?

   (6) Foothead claims to be a network ignoramus. We won't argue the point.
   Nevertheless, we suspect he is capable of editing someone else's already
   existing shell scripts.

   (7) Foothead, if he indeed believes he has been slandered, can see a
   lawyer. We ourselves are puzzled how posting facts like mail log con-
   tents can be viewed as slander, or how anyone hiding under the name
   of "Foothead" could even have his "good name" slandered.  Eh, Roger?

   (8) Anybody on the arpanet has access to the "big guns" that we used.
   We explicitly invited people to check logs for themselves.

   (9) Foothead's denial of his anti-Arndt rampaging is quite amusing when
   one recalls his first several flames about the WAK-y axis. (W for Wiener,
   A for Arndt, K for Koloc)  W & A had nothing to do with the particular
   anti-Koloc flame Foothead was engaged in.  Then there was his more
   recent comments in <5519@eddie.MIT.EDU>:

What ARE the University of California Regents Standards for what makes a "real"
Ken Arndt article?  I know what my "standards" are, and these articles
fulfilled them:  bad spelling, bizarre indentation, obnoxious namecalling,
comments about the refusal of other people to listen to his obvious rightness.
In fact, these are the same standards I look for (AND GET!) in Paul Koloc
articles.

   and in <5506@eddie.MIT.EDU>:

I thought it was odd, Arndt posting from Koloc's machine, but not that odd.
Hardly surprising that such like-thinking and like-acting toads should someday
get together.  Destiny in action.

   (10) Finally, we have the following deeply ironic "famous last words":

So that Gene will stop his silly babyish whining about all of this, I will
put an end to the whole topic by saying that I am the one who posted the
Koloc-Arndt articles, as well as the REAL Ken Arndt's response from DEC, and
ALSO all of Gene's articles on the subject (that should seize up his brain
a bit) from wherever it is he posts from.  Now, can we get back to talking
about religion miscellaneously?
--
Keep chargin,

Foothead  (I wouldn't want to "overuse" smileys by putting one here)

   (Editorial comment: no need indeed--we all get the joke.  As an inter-
   esting coincidence, our original "Foothead, Foothead on the net/Who's
   the biggest liar yet?" article was posted moments before these last
   words arrived at cartan.berkeley.edu.)

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
ucbvax!brahms!gsmith	Gene Ward Smith /Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
Without NNTP, the brahms gang itself would be impossible.--Erik E Fair

jc@piaget.UUCP (John Cornelius) (04/27/87)

In article <1131@cartan.Berkeley.EDU> gsmith@brahms.Berkeley.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) writes:

(lots and lots of hyperbole)

But, I thought that Gene Ward Smith was Rich Rosen, and Rich
Rosen was Paul Kollok, and Paul Kollok was Ken Arndt.  But if
Foothead is Ken Arndt, who is John Galt?

--
John Cornelius
(...!sdcsvax!piaget!jc)

sprankle@kodak.UUCP (04/28/87)

jc@piaget.UUCP (John Cornelius, System Manager) writes:
>gsmith@brahms.Berkeley.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>(lots and lots of hyperbole)
>But, I thought that Gene Ward Smith was Rich Rosen, and Rich
>Rosen was Paul Kollok, and Paul Kollok was Ken Arndt.  But if
>Foothead is Ken Arndt, who is John Galt?
>John Cornelius
>(...!sdcsvax!piaget!jc)

He used to maintain netnews for a certain large auto company... :-)
--drl
Daniel R. Lance  		Eastman Kodak Company:	sprankle@kodak.uucp
Illegitimati non carborundum.	Purdue University EE:	lanced@ei.ecn.purdue.edu
...{decvax,ucbvax}!pur-ee!lanced    ...{harvard,seismo}!rochester!kodak!sprankle
There is no limit to stupidity.  Space itself is said to be bounded
  by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity.
					-- Gene Wolfe