From: mj0t#@andrew.cmu.edu.UUCP
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies
Subject: Re: original title of Great Santini?
Date: 30 Mar 87 18:18:55 GMT
ReSent-Date: Mon, 30 Mar 87 13:19:58 est

ReSent-From: postman#@andrew.cmu.edu

ReSent-To: nntp-xmit#@andrew.cmu.edu

To: outnews#ext.nn.rec.arts.movies@andrew.cmu.edu

Newsgroup: rec.arts.movies

/***** End of Header *****/

And how about those Xref: lines leaking out of Philabs?

/***** Start of Header *****/

From: mcdermot@bgsuvax.UUCP
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies
Subject: Re: Coke Commercial and the Coca-cola Kid
Date: 6 Apr 87 05:23:29 GMT

/***** End of Header *****/

If these problems are caused by something in my local software, would
someone please let me in on the problem?  (I doubt this, though, since
it's always these same sites that freak out.)  If these problems are
not local, then would someone please inform the Sysadmins of the problems
and ask them to fix them?

Thanks.

--
	Chris Grevstad
	{sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!chris

As my 4-year old says:
"Ants in my pants make me do the boogie dance!"

chris@nrcvax.UUCP (Chris Grevstad) (05/01/87)

chris@nrcvax.UUCP (Chris Grevstad) says:
> (some stuff about sites letting stuff dribble out on the net)
> (You can look back to see the examples I posted.)

Lest someone think that I don't know what Xref lines are, I do.  My
complaint about both philabs and andrew.cmu.edu is NOT that they are
using NNTP and Received lines and Xref lines and all that stuff, it's that
somewhere along the line someone is inserting extra linefeeds between some
of these lines, effectively making them now part of the article body
rather than the header.

Please take another look at my examples before you flame me for ignorance.
I've been administrating news for about 3 1/2 years now, so I don't think I'm
a complete neophyte.

Thanks.

--
	Chris Grevstad
	{sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!chris
	ihnp4!nrcvax!chris

As my 4-year old says:
"Ants in my pants make me do the boogie dance!"

ghoti#@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Stoller) (05/01/87)

To: outnews#ext.nn.news.misc@andrew.cmu.edu,
	outnews#ext.nn.news.sysadmin@andrew.cmu.edu,
	outnews#ext.nn.news.admin@andrew.cmu.edu

I don't know what  would cause, or where, the headers get seperated by blank
lines - but if it helps any, we have altered our software to not insert the
ReSent-* headers.

From looking at the paths in the two articles - the common elements are:
 nrcvax!nrc-ut!uplherc!utah-gr!pwa-b!philabs!

Can someone from those sites see how they received the posts in question -
and simply report back if they llok good or bad at your site?

-fish
(PS: this information can either be posted for the benefit of all or sent to
me and/or Chris - posting would probably be better)