[news.sysadmin] acceptance of offer of new net ombudsman

webber@aramis.rutgers.edu.UUCP (06/30/87)

%From: weemba@BRAHMS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P Wiener)
%Newsgroups: news.groups,news.misc,news.stargate,news.sysadmin,news.admin,comp.sources.d,talk.bizarre
%Subject: Re: EndOfSourcesList+AnnouncementOfNetOmbudsman
%Date: 29 Jun 87 20:12:49 GMT

%>Hey, let's play the game of Ombudsman Tag!
%>
%>In article <266@brandx.rutgers.edu>, webber@brandx (Webber) writes:
%>Thus, what the net needs is a `net ombudsman' whose purpose is to minimize
%>the empact on the net of some of the more foolish actions we have seen
%>recently.  Until others volunteer to cover this duty, I will be handling
%>it.
%
%OK, I've just volunteered!  Now *I'm* the `net ombudsman', until someone
%else volunteers to cover this important duty.

You got it.  Now a days, there is no way I can pass up a volunteer of
your qualifications.  I am particularly impressed with the handling of
the sci.philosophy.tech bit.

>You did a good job Bob--I hope I can live up to your high standards.

Thanks.  I know you will.

>ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
>  A man does not walk down the street giving a haughty twirl to his
>  moustaches at the thought of his superiority to some variety of
>  deep-sea fishes.			--G K Chesterton

Gee.  A profound too.

------- BOB (webber@aramis.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!webber)