[news.sysadmin] uunet!mnetor link dead for now

dave@lsuc.UUCP (09/04/87)

| From: ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller)
| Newsgroups: ont.uucp
| Subject: mnetor!uunet out of service
| Date: 1 Sep 87 21:10:17 GMT
|
| It seems as how the recent datapac change over to x.25 1980
| has blown the mnetor!uunet link out of the water.  In fact,
| all international x.25 links from mnetor are down (domestic
| not affected).  Time to repair unknown.  Stay tuned to this
| newsgroup for more exciting details.
| --
| Ron Miller
| UUCP:  {decvax|allegra|ihnp4|linus|utcsri}!utzoo!mnetor!ron
| ARPA:  ron%mnetor.uucp@uunet.uu.net
| BELL:  +1 416 475 8980  ext. 313

I've copied this for wider distribution, so our U.S.
friends know what's happening. In particular, note that
all the mail destined for uunet!mnetor!{elsewhere-in-Toronto}
will be hung at uunet and not getting through, until/unless
this problem is fixed.  News is arriving (slowly) through backup routes,
it appears (primarily clyde->watmath->water->utgpu->utzoo->mnetor).
But a LOT of mail must be stuck.

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto
--
{ uunet!mnetor  pyramid!utai  decvax!utcsri  ihnp4!utzoo } !lsuc!dave