[news.sysadmin] Looking for a termcap entry

mdella@polyslo.UUCP (08/31/87)

I'm looking for a termcap entry for a Burroughs B20 workstation.
Its the one that they use to connect up to an XE520 cluster
controller and can act kinda like a PC is needed (Screen isn't
even close however)

    ...!lll-crg ---> !csustan --\                    | Whatever I said doesn't
...trwrb!csla34 --<              >->!polyslo!mdella  | mean diddly as I forgot
      ...!ihnp4 ---> !csun -----/                    | it even before finishing
                  ...!dmsd ----/                     | typing it all out!!!
--

scotto@crash.CTS.COM (Scott O'Connell) (09/06/87)

In article <426@polyslo.UUCP> mdella@polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) writes:
>I'm looking for a termcap entry for a Burroughs B20 workstation.
>Its the one that they use to connect up to an XE520 cluster
>controller and can act kinda like a PC is needed (Screen isn't
>even close however)
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>

>    ...!lll-crg ---> !csustan --\                    | Whatever I said doesn't
>...trwrb!csla34 --<              >->!polyslo!mdella  | mean diddly as I forgot
>      ...!ihnp4 ---> !csun -----/                    | it even before finishing
>                  ...!dmsd ----/                     | typing it all out!!!

What software are you running on your B20?  ATE (Async Term Emulator) that
Burro's provides is dumb TTY.

Convergent Technologies is releasing a new program for the B20 that will
emulate a VT100.  Check with your Unisys rep for information on this package.
--

Scott O'Connell - Datagram Corp.  UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}...
3297 Sweetwater Springs Blvd #8         ...crash!pnet01!scotto

steve@acich.UUCP (09/08/87)

In article <1667@crash.CTS.COM>, scotto@crash.CTS.COM (Scott O'Connell) writes:

> Convergent Technologies is releasing a new program for the B20 that will
> emulate a VT100.  Check with your Unisys rep for information on this package.
>
> Scott O'Connell - Datagram Corp.  UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}...

There is a company in Detroit which makes software for the CT/
Unisys workstations.  It is called Yoshna (or Joshna?; - sorry, I don't
have their address), and one of their products is an emulator program
for the Unisys B25 workstation.  After I came by a B25 I wanted such a
program, but when I found that it would cost $800 to $900, I decided to
sell the B25 and buy a less proprietary computer.  Hopefully CT's emulator
program will cost less.

Good luck!

--
Steve Westfall