[news.sysadmin] Recent "ra.slug" newgroup message

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (10/04/87)

No doubt you've (all?) seen the following:
	From: z%rocksanne.uucp
	Newsgroups: comp.sources.unix
	Subject: newgroup ra.slug
	Date: 28 Sep 87 22:20:07 GMT
	Control: newgroup ra.slug

	What is this anyways...
I had nothing to do with it.
--
For comp.sources.unix stuff, mail to sources@uunet.uu.net.
And if C is the assembly language of the 80's, why is ACP written in MIX?

north@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Michael J. North) (10/05/87)

ra part stands for Rochester Area.  I don't know what slug stands for.
rocksanne is one of Xerox's machines.  I suspect that it wasn't supposed to
ever leave Rochester.

--
	Michael J. North  "If you can't ping it..... it isn't there!"
	Cornell Theory Center,  Ithaca, NY 14853-5201