[news.sysadmin] Problems with your active file

shannon%datsun@Sun.COM (Bill Shannon) (10/17/87)

Can anyone explain this?  How can a newsgroup be both not valid and missing?

From news@Sun Fri Oct 16 14:26:40 1987
Subject: Problems with your active file
To: usenet@Sun

The following newsgroups are not valid and should be removed.
	comp.sys.transputer

You can do this by executing the command:
	/usr/spool/news/lib/rmgroup comp.sys.transputer

The following newsgroups were missing and should be added.
	comp.sys.transputer

You can do this by executing the command(s):
/usr/spool/news/lib/inews -C comp.sys.transputer </dev/null

The following newsgroups are moderated and not marked so.
	comp.sys.sequent

You can correct this by executing the command(s):
/usr/spool/news/lib/inews -C comp.sys.sequent moderated </dev/null

rynes@mandrill.CWRU.Edu (Edward M. Rynes Esq.) (10/19/87)

In article <31124@sun.uucp> shannon%datsun@Sun.COM (Bill Shannon) writes:
>Can anyone explain this?  How can a newsgroup be both not valid and missing?
>
>The following newsgroups are not valid and should be removed.
>	comp.sys.transputer
>
>The following newsgroups were missing and should be added.
>	comp.sys.transputer

I got this too.  what's up?

Edward Rynes	Unix Engineer		|      "Give me what I want, and all I
A. R. Jennings Computing Center		|        Can think about is losing it.
Case Western Reserve University		|              I'm losing it!"  K.H.
Cleveland, Ohio   44106			|
(216) 368-2982	rynes@mandrill.CWRU.Edu | {cbosgd|decvax|sun}!mandrill!rynes