[news.sysadmin] Would you please take this elsewhere.

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) (11/05/87)

The discussion concerning Larry Lippman and where we works may be
of some value to some people, but it is not appropriate for the
News Administrator or Systems Administrator's newsgroups.  These
groups get world wide distribution, and I have my doubts whether
places like Japan or Yugoslavia really have a pressing need to
know this information.

I understand that these questions grew out of a discussion about
net "censorship", which is a valid concern.  The discussion has
left that realm, however, and is best carried out in another
group.

I might suggest soc.net-people would be more appropriate.

daveb@geac.UUCP (11/09/87)

In article <1930@terminus.UUCP> nyssa@terminus.UUCP
  (The Scrapyard... I'm sorry, Valeyard, force of habit, I apologize.) writes:
>The discussion concerning Larry Lippman and where we works may be
>of some value to some people, but it is not appropriate for the
>News Administrator or Systems Administrator's newsgroups.  These
>groups get world wide distribution, and I have my doubts whether
>places like Japan or Yugoslavia really have a pressing need to
>know this information.
>
>I understand that these questions grew out of a discussion about
>net "censorship", which is a valid concern.  The discussion has
>left that realm, however, and is best carried out in another
>group.

  Regrettably, the discussion has to do with proposed threats to
individuals and/or sites on the net by a person claiming some form
of position with or secondment to the U.S. Federal Government.
  To date, this seems to consist to harassment only.

  Yes, a more suitable group should probably be found.  I would
suggest that soc.net-people is inappropriate.

--dave (YUCK! QRM on the net) c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor|yetti|utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its