[news.sysadmin] Please: UUDECODE/UUENCODE for VMS

ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) (12/26/87)

Article <8712250030.AA15087@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> (the parent of this article)
contains source code derived from AT&T licensed code.  The original poster
has indicated to me that they won't be cancelling the article; you system
administrators might want to cancel it locally (as we've done here at elsie).
--
ado@vax2.nlm.nih.gov		ADO, VAX, and NIH are Ampex and DEC trademarks

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (12/26/87)

In article <7557@elsie.UUCP>, ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
> Article <8712250030.AA15087@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> (the parent of this article)
> contains source code derived from AT&T licensed code.  The original poster
> has indicated to me that they won't be cancelling the article; you system
> administrators might want to cancel it locally (as we've done here at elsie).
> --
> ado@vax2.nlm.nih.gov		ADO, VAX, and NIH are Ampex and DEC trademarks

	Uuencode and uudecode sources are available from any comp.sources.unix
archive.  They appear to be from the same branch of evolution as the posted
code.  An included manual page indicates that Mark Horton is the author.  The
following appears in their header:

Subject:  v07i015:  Uuencode and uudecode
Newsgroups: mod.sources

Submitted by: Mark Horton <cbosgd!mark>
Mod.sources: Volume 7, Issue 15
Archive-name: uuencode

[  These programs have been part of the Berkeley distributions for
   quite some time.  Although they have always been in the public
   domain, they have not always been readily available.  I wrote
   the Makefile, and repacked what Mark sent me to include it.
   --r$  ]

	If you know this code to be derived from AT&T code then you
might want to tell one of the above mentioned about it so it can be
removed from the archives.

					Dan Lanciani
					ddl@harvard.*