[news.sysadmin] where is ncoast?

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (09/08/88)

Has any heard any reasons why ncoast has been offline lately in Cleveland, OH?
I have a friend up there who has been using the system to keep in touch with
me via UUCP Mail and we have been trying to dial in and have been getting no
answer.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37130 ___________________________

jeff@necntc.nec.com (Jeff Janock) (09/09/88)

In article <287@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:
>me via UUCP Mail and we have been trying to dial in and have been getting no
>answer.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.

necntc polls ncoast regularly and has not gotten in for some time.
perhpas we will here something soon...

After checking current logfiles, this is what I find:

(Only 3 good calls since the first of the month - not great...)

LOGFILE.Sep.2:news ncoast (9/2-1:30-7379) SUCCEEDED (call to ncoast )
LOGFILE.Sep.4:daemon ncoast (9/4-3:25-15893) SUCCEEDED (call to ncoast )
LOGFILE.Sep.4:uucp ncoast (9/4-18:43-23974) SUCCEEDED (call to ncoast )

	-jj

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) (09/13/88)

As quoted from <287@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> by root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey):
+---------------
| Has any heard any reasons why ncoast has been offline lately in Cleveland, OH?
| I have a friend up there who has been using the system to keep in touch with
| me via UUCP Mail and we have been trying to dial in and have been getting no
| answer.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
+---------------

Ncoast fried its CPU board over Labor Day weekend; we only came back up last
night (Sep. 11), and that only on a "borrowed" CPU board we'll have for
about a month.  More details in a later scream for help....

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (09/14/88)

And why do people in Cleveland keep talking about a "north coast," anyway?
Kinda insulting, like they're saying Canada isn't even there.  Cleveland
is on the south shore of Lake Erie, if they hadn't noticed.
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd.  --  Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

rynes@isis.CWRU.Edu (Edward M. Rynes Esq.) (09/14/88)

In article <2028@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:
>And why do people in Cleveland keep talking about a "north coast," anyway?
>Kinda insulting, like they're saying Canada isn't even there.  Cleveland
>is on the south shore of Lake Erie, if they hadn't noticed.

And why do people in California keep talking about a "west coast," anyway?
Kinda insulting, like they're saying Asia isn't even there.  California
is on the east shore of the Pacific ocean, if they hadn't noticed.
--
Edward M. Rynes  <rynes@isis.CWRU.Edu>            "I stepped up on the platform.
Jennings Computing Center                              The man gave me the news.

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) (09/23/88)

As quoted from <2028@looking.UUCP> by brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton):
+---------------
| And why do people in Cleveland keep talking about a "north coast," anyway?
| Kinda insulting, like they're saying Canada isn't even there.  Cleveland
| is on the south shore of Lake Erie, if they hadn't noticed.

Brad, when Canada petitions to become the 51'st state, you can then claim
Hudson Bay to be the North Coast of the United States.  (Yes, I know, the
quote is "the North Coast of America", but then all United States residents
seem to have the idea that America is the U.S.A and doesn't include Canada
or Mexico.  That bit of {ethno|ego}centrism isn't limited to Cleveland.)

++Brandon