[news.sysadmin] What to track down

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (11/09/88)

In article <2310@datapg.MN.ORG>, sewilco@datapg (Scot E Wilcoxon) writes:
>Each site should record how much the Internet worm cost them, and
>someone (on the Internet--I'm too distant) should volunteer to collect
>that information.  This information should be calculated now before it
>is lost to history.

Possibly just as important, check those mail logs!  See WHO mailed you
your copies of the virus.  This will be essential if RTM doesn't have
enough money to reimburse all of you, and if the courts rule, say, that
Cornell is only liable to its immediate electronic neighbors.  Then you
will all have to engage in round robin lawsuits.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720