[news.sysadmin] can we NOW get news.* moderated?!?

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (11/11/88)

I thank all you good  folks who made these groups into a near useless forum
for anyone to try to keep up with and find information about the next
worm/virus/bug ...  thus proving that moderation is the only way to go.

Thank you, Robert, for starting it all;

thank you Mat for deciding to post your frequent brilliant insights
into computers and other people's motivation.

thanks you all, for proving why "an analogy is like admitting of having no
good *REAL* arguments".

Would anyone care to reconsider their vote on moderating news.*  ?

I am willing to concede a news.misc where all those people that
don't have any sense to use email or *.flame can go and yell and
scream at each other....

censorship?  yes? is that what those people with a foot sticking in
their mouth are worried about?  they should worry about their foot ...

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (11/11/88)

In article <3369@utastro.UUCP>, werner@utastro (Werner Uhrig) writes:
>I thank all you good folks who made these groups into a near useless
>forum for anyone to try to keep up with and find information about the
>next worm/virus/bug ...  thus proving that moderation is the only way
>to go.

You got it.  Read news.announce.important (urgent) and comp.risks for
the moderated versions.  The discussion is inappropriate to news.admin;
other than that, I don't know what's bothering you.  "u" for awhile,
and come back in two weeks.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720