[news.sysadmin] Indiana, of course: the state that deserves a Maroney Award

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (11/09/88)

In article <2649@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, sl148033@silver (Kevin_Clendenien) writes:
>I've seen some pretty crazy things written here.  I think everyone, with
>the exception of Matthew P. Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720, has
>expressed valid points.  Mr. Wiener has been just plain rude, as well
>as ridiculous.

You don't know *shit* about computer security, you little worm-for-brains.

Go ahead.  Point out something I said that was ridiculous and/or invalid.
You are going to have a very difficult time making such charges stick, es-
pecially considering what state you are posting from.  Indiana?  Hah!

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

sl148033@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Kevin_Clendenien) (11/10/88)

In article <16741@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>>You don't know *shit* about computer security, you little worm-for-brains.
>>
>>Go ahead.  Point out something I said that was ridiculous and/or invalid.
>>You are going to have a very difficult time making such charges stick, es-
>>pecially considering what state you are posting from.  Indiana?  Hah!
>>
>>ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
Well, I explained in a response to the mail you sent, but since you
seem to want the whole network to know how ridiculous you are, how about
the fact that you judge the intelligence of people by the state in which
they happen to be attending college, or the fact that you make sweeping
statements about what some one knows about security, without having any
background information on the person you are judging.

Your responses to this network could be beneficial if you would quit
acting like an "Obnoxious Math Grad Student", and more like a
responsible adult.

(Flame on)
What does a math grad student know about computers, anyway!  You probably
still carry around a slide rule.  That's why you don't care about the
effects of the worm, you know that you'll never have to worry about a
worm invading your slide rule.  I get it now...
(Flame off)
sl148033@silver.UUCP                                Kevin Clendenien

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) (11/10/88)

In article <16741@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:

> You don't know *shit* about computer security, you little worm-for-brains.
>
> Go ahead.  Point out something I said that was ridiculous and/or invalid.
> You are going to have a very difficult time making such charges stick, es-
> pecially considering what state you are posting from.  Indiana?  Hah!
>
> ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

Matthew first resorts to ridiculous comments about another netter, then
asks him to point out a ridiculous comment.  He should read his own
words first and then take his foot out of his mouth.

Incidently, the header which Matthew puts on his postings is also very
interesting.  I don't know of many people who would describe themselves
as Obnoxious.

Jonathan Bayer

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (11/13/88)

In article <253@ispi.UUCP>, jbayer@ispi (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
>> Go ahead.  Point out something I said that was ridiculous and/or invalid.

>Matthew first resorts to ridiculous comments about another netter, then
>asks him to point out a ridiculous comment.  He should read his own
>words first and then take his foot out of his mouth.

It is not ridiculous to request someone to back up a charge of "ridiculous".
And I used the past tense for a reason.  Perhaps one you can identify, given
time.

I'm willing to discuss things on any level.  It isn't easy (for folks like
me) to get to the high ground with folks like Tynan-the-ostrich-lover or
Indiana Kev or Gene "Mr Professional" Spafford trying to lower it while
implying that they're raising it.  To Gene's credit, he corrected himself.
(Although he apparently isn't planning to move to a different state.)

>Incidently, the header which Matthew puts on his postings is also very
>interesting.

That is part of the idea.

>	       I don't know of many people who would describe themselves
>as Obnoxious.

Neither do I.  Any guesses as to whether it is more or less than the number
of folks who describe themselves as "id for use with uunet/usenet"????

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
Without NNTP, the brahms gang itself would be impossible.--Erik E Fair