[news.sysadmin] Email privacy

rayd@laidbak.UUCP (Ray Dueland) (11/30/88)

In article <10676@ihlpa.ATT.COM> davidm@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Makowsky) writes:

>	I am posting two pieces of email received by Nancy Gould.
>I am doing this on my own, and without her permission (Nancy has
>already made it public on the net that she received such email).
>	Since I believe in the privacy rights of those who send
>email, no matter how disgusting it is, ...

The hell you do.  You have either read third party mail going through
your site, broke into Nancy Gould's account and read her mail, or
disclosed private mail that she forwarded to you.  This type of behavior
does not show any respect for email privacy rights.  The mail is offensive,
but it is up to Nancy to decide what to do, and she is the one who should
contact the people in charge of the system via mail.  However, I find
your attitude of using the net to carry on your personal crusades, and
your desire for censorship even more offensive.

Who can we contact at your site to complain about your misuse of the net?

--
Ray Dueland
{amdahl|masscomp|nucsrl|sco|sun}!laidbak!rayd