[news.sysadmin] Don't Panic

mak@ndc.UUCP (Mike Klaus) (12/03/88)

Hardware virus found in compiled code in ROM.  You heard it here first.

It's subtle and esoteric.  Hardly anyone is ever likely to stumble across it.
We're working on it.

						mak

  BUT THIS HAS YET TO BE CONFIRMED

mikej@tfli.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) (12/05/88)

In article <266@ndc.UUCP> mak@ndc.UUCP (Mike Klaus) writes:
>Hardware virus found in compiled code in ROM.  You heard it here first.
>
>It's subtle and esoteric.  Hardly anyone is ever likely to stumble across it.
>We're working on it.

Geez. Could you be more specific?

--
---
                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej@cpmain.uucp

jeff@lorrie.atmos.washington.edu (Jeff L. Bowden) (12/07/88)

In article <251@tfli.UUCP> mikej@tfli.UUCP (Michael R.  Johnston) writes:

>>Hardware virus found in compiled code in ROM.  You heard it here first.
<>
>>It's subtle and esoteric.  Hardly anyone is ever likely to stumble across it.
<>We're working on it.

<Geez. Could you be more specific?

Yeah, no fair tweaking our curiosities and then holding back details!
'fess up!