[news.sysadmin] isis securty list

root@hrc.UUCP (Root) (12/08/88)

How long should we wait before resending our request to the isis mailing
list? I know they are very busy getting this list started up again, but
it has been three weeks since we sent the mail.

schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) (12/09/88)

In article <362@hrc.UUCP>, root@hrc (Root) writes:
>How long should we wait before resending our request to the isis mailing
>list? I know they are very busy getting this list started up again, but
>it has been three weeks since we sent the mail.

Same here.  It would be nice to know that our request has been
received, at least.
--
Scott Schwartz		<schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu>

trn@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Tony Nardo) (12/09/88)

From: trn@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Tony Nardo)
To: schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu
Subject: Re: isis securty list
Newsgroups: news.sysadmin
Bcc:

In article <4150@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> you write:
>In article <362@hrc.UUCP>, root@hrc (Root) writes:
>>How long should we wait before resending our request to the isis mailing
>>list? I know they are very busy getting this list started up again, but
>>it has been three weeks since we sent the mail.
>
>Same here.  It would be nice to know that our request has been
>received, at least.

Make that three and four (I'm also speaking for Jim Merritt at another APL
installation).  I expected to see at least the formal application form by now.

If the silence continues into January, perhaps we should ask Neil at zardoz if
he'd be willing to host a second list, a list to follow the role that "isis"
was supposed to perform?

Over the Christmas holidays, our link to the ARPANET will once again disappear
while our gateway undergoes "technical diff...", er, "electrical maintenance".
To be safe, use the first ARPA address or UUCP.

ARPA:	aplcomm!trn@mimsy.umd.edu  (until 1/4/89),	trn@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu
UUCP:	{backbone!}mimsy!aplcomm!trn

mhw@wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM (Michael H. Warfield (Mike)) (12/13/88)

In article <2666@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu> trn@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Tony Nardo) writes:

>Make that three and four (I'm also speaking for Jim Merritt at another APL
>installation).  I expected to see at least the formal application form by now.

     Might as well add my two cents in so make it five.  I did get the "formal"
application filled out and sent back but it's be silence ever since.

---
Michael H. Warfield  (The Mad Wizard)	| gatech.edu!galbp!wittsend!mhw
  (404)  270-2123 / 270-2098		| mhw@wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM
An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
A pessimist is sure of it!

rynes@isis.CWRU.Edu (Edward M. Rynes Esq.) (12/16/88)

In article <6740@galbp.LBP.HARRIS.COM> mhw@wittsend.UUCP (Michael H. Warfield (Mike)) writes:
>     Might as well add my two cents in so make it five.  I did get the "formal"
>application filled out and sent back but it's be silence ever since.

I actualy got a conformation letter saying I was accepted.  But that was
about four weeks ago.  Since then, nada!
--
Edward M. Rynes  <rynes@isis.CWRU.Edu>               "Hope doesn't serve me now.
Jennings Computing Center                   I don't move fast at all these days.

len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) (12/31/88)

Chances are that they don't consider you suitable for their list. I remember
applying about a year or so ago and being told that I wasn't important enough
to receive such information and was deemed a security risk.. I replied,"Fine,
I'll just get it from a friend".. I have never seen such an arrogant person in
my life.

len@netsys.com
{ames,att,rutgers}!netsys!len