[news.sysadmin] Help needed with mailing list

erict@flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) (12/29/88)

Hi.  I'm going to be setting up an EastEnders mailing list soon, and I
need some help.

I'm running a SYSV (rel 0.00) system (unix pc, ver 3.0).  I've gotten
several solutions that work with BSD...

Anyway, I have available:

elm2.1
smail2.5
usenet

Any tips?
--
Skate(||) || exit(0)
J. Eric Townsend -- smail: 511 Parker #2, Houston, Tx, 77007

mirk@warwick.UUCP (Mike Taylor) (01/14/89)

In article <535@flatline.UUCP> erict@flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:
>Hi.  I'm going to be setting up an EastEnders mailing list soon, and I
>need some help.

You can say that again.
Mike Taylor - {Christ,M{athemat,us}ic}ian ...  Email to: mirk@uk.ac.warwick.cs
*** Unkle Mirk sez: "Gm F#7 Bb Cm->Gm->Eb->Gm F; Gm F#7 Bb C Eb C Bb Dm D" ***
> >need some help.

> You can say that again.

Is this a joke, an attack or a pun?  Either put smileys or prepare to die.
1/2 :-)
--
while !working { Skate(||) };
J. Eric Townsend -- smail: 511 Parker #2, Houston, Tx, 77007

mirk@warwick.UUCP (Mike Taylor) (01/18/89)

In article <672@flatline.UUCP> erict@flatline.UUCP (Evil Mel Fujitsu) writes:
>In article <900@ubu.warwick.UUCP>, mirk@warwick.UUCP (That's me!) writes:
>>In article <535@flatline.UUCP> erict@flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:
>>>Hi.  I'm going to be setting up an EastEnders mailing list soon, and I
>>>need some help.
>
>> You can say that again.
>
>Is this a joke, an attack or a pun?  Either put smileys or prepare to die.
>1/2 :-)

Uh, well, I meant it kind of as a joke, but I really do think that
anyone contemplating such an exercise needs to be seen to, preferebly
by a vet, though a tree-surgeon would do in a pinch.

Mind you, since I posted this, I have been told that out in America,
EastEnders means some group of people (ethnic?) in which case I
withdraw my flamage.  'Cos where I come from, it is a soap-opera.

Try this: "I'm starting up a Dallas mailing list".  Does that sound
geographical, or soap-opera-like to you?  :-)

I am redirecting followups to, um, err ...  Where would be
appropriate?  Well, I'm sure news.sysadmin isn't.

Listen, I tell you what, just don't follow up.  Hoopy, huh?  :-)
Mike Taylor - {Christ,M{athemat,us}ic}ian ...  Email to: mirk@uk.ac.warwick.cs
*** Unkle Mirk sez: "Em9 A7 Em9 A7 Em9 A7 Em9 A7 Cmaj7 Bm7 Am7 G Gdim7 Am" ***