[net.lang.lisp] Franz under VMS

liz@umcp-cs.UUCP (02/21/84)

Grabbed off of the Arpanet's franz-friends mailing list.

> From: fkunze%ucbdali@Berkeley (Fritz Kunze)
>
> A number of people have inquired about the availability of Franz Lisp
> under VMS.  Robert Lynch, a DEC representative, has asked that such inquiries
> be directed to him.  DEC is trying to gauge customer interest in Franz
> Lisp; and will support a Franz Lisp port to VMS (by the authors of Franz
> Lisp)  only if there is sufficient interest.
> You may reach him at:
>		DEC
>		Attn: Robert Lynch
>		Contential Blvd
>		mail stop mk02-1/h10
>		Meramac NH 0354
>		603 884 2932
> ---Fritz Kunze

				-Liz Allen
--
Univ of Maryland, College Park MD
Usenet:   ...!seismo!umcp-cs!liz

elvy@harvard.UUCP (Marc Elvy) (02/22/84)

The referenced article seems to imply that Franz needs to be ported
to VMS.  Does Franz not officially run on VMS?  We have several VMS
machines here which happily run Franz as well (if not better) than
the Unix machines...

Marc

				     Marc A. Elvy
		    ({genrad,allegra,ihnp4,ima}!wjh12!harvard!elvy)
			     Aiken Computation Laboratory
				  Harvard University