[news.sysadmin] OLD ARTICLES REAPPEARING! old news etc.

news@cs.Buffalo.EDU (The USENET news system) (08/05/89)

In article <2806@cbnewsh.ATT.COM> wcs@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (Bill Stewart)
gives me a clue perhaps.

:A bunch of old articles have started reappearing, after hanging
:around somewhere in Rochester area for a while.  Here's a sample
:header:
:> From: alexc@whizz.uucp (Alex M. Chan)
:> Newsgroups: news.misc,news.sysadmin
:> Subject: Re: Official Legal Announcement regarding Apple's Source Code
:> Date: 22 Jul 89 19:43:39 GMT

ok what's the deal.  now we may be at fault but let's not jump the gun.
firstly did everyone get the above article within the last two weeks?
(that's our expire interval)  well we didn't, but we got a followup to it
from someone who wasn't around i suppose when this first hit the fan.  so
if you got it (in the last two weeks) and i didn't i'm inclined to think that
somebody we feed who feeds outward (that narrows it down a bit) regurgitated
this old articles (with our name on them so we haven't see them as far as i
can tell) and spit them out downstream.  yah, maybe they have been hanging
around in rochester.  sorry about not speaking up sooner but our Internet
connection has been down since wed. (8-2-89) and just started receiving
and *sending* news today (8-4-89).