[news.sysadmin] need a feed or access in DC area

lampman@heurikon.UUCP (Ray Lampman) (08/03/89)

An associate of mine is looking for a news feed or public usenet access
in the Washington DC area. Does anyone have a suggestion of a site that
would be willing to help? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.
--
I say what it occurs to me to say, when I  | Ray Lampman, voice 608-276-3431
think I hear people say things, more I can | Madison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

kdb@intercon.uu.net (Kurt Baumann) (08/03/89)

In article <353@heurikon.UUCP>, lampman@heurikon.UUCP (Ray Lampman) writes:
> An associate of mine is looking for a news feed or public usenet access
> in the Washington DC area. Does anyone have a suggestion of a site that
> would be willing to help? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.
> --
> I say what it occurs to me to say, when I  | Ray Lampman, voice 608-276-3431
> think I hear people say things, more I can | Madison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth
> not say.  Oh, my cat, I call him `Moose'.  | uunet!uwvax!heurikon!lampman

Why not give the UUNET people a call.  I can't seem to find their phone number
but you should find them in the Falls Church area.

If not or it is too expensive let me know.
--
Kurt Baumann

InterCon Systems Corporation
46950 Community Plaza
Suite 101-132
Sterling, VA 22170                    Phone: 703.450.7117

edm@nwnexus.WA.COM (Ed Morin) (08/04/89)

kdb@intercon.uu.net (Kurt Baumann) writes:

>In article <353@heurikon.UUCP>, lampman@heurikon.UUCP (Ray Lampman) writes:
>> An associate of mine is looking for a news feed or public usenet access

>Why not give the UUNET people a call.

Actually UUNET does not give "shell" access (as far as I know).  However,
Northwest Nexus does (in addition to UUCP access)...

--
Ed Morin
Northwest Nexus Inc.

pat@grebyn.com (Pat Bahn) (08/11/89)

In article <150@nwnexus.WA.COM> edm@nwnexus.WA.COM (Ed Morin) writes:
>kdb@intercon.uu.net (Kurt Baumann) writes:
>
>>In article <353@heurikon.UUCP>, lampman@heurikon.UUCP (Ray Lampman) writes:
>>> An associate of mine is looking for a news feed or public usenet access

  TRY Grebyn COrp.   Low Cost access feeds I dont know.

Pat @ grebyn.com  | If the human mind was simple enough to understand,
301-948-8142      | We'd be too simple to understand it.