[news.sysadmin] Windows 3.0 Guitar Program

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (07/28/90)

In article <7405@hall.cray.com> waynev@hall.cray.com (Wayne Vieira) writes:
> ... While windows binaries may technically
>belong in comp.binaries.ibm.pc, that would be totally inappropriate
>considering there is a separate discussion for windows also.
> [...]
>I suggest, Mr. Goodearl, that if you don't like binaries appearing
>here, that *YOU* set up a separate newsgroup, and quit trying
>to dictate the actions of others.

What would be inappropriate would be passing binaries off as a non binary
discussion.  The main reason for having binary groups is to allow individual
sysadmins to control the type of stuff that passes through their system.  It
is also why we have separate source groups, forsale groups, biz groups and
others.  There are many people on Usenet who don't feel that binary postings
are a proper use of the net (I am one) but rather than try to dictate what
others can and cannot use their own machines for we simply select what we
personally are going to receive or propogate using our own equipment.  Each
site should have this freedom and innapropriate postings remove this right.

I am directing followups to news.misc and news.sysadmin as this is not a
comp.windows.ms question and really has an effect on people who don't
even read c.w.m.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   MS-DOS:  The Andrew Dice Clay