[news.sysadmin] Taking advantage of published connectivity links

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (07/30/90)

karl_kleinpaste@cis.ohio-state.edu writes:

>If you send mail on a pass-through basis through my site, you'll darn
>well put up with my idea of appropriate expenditures.  I don't dial
>California on a whim for just anybody.  I'm not second-guessing at
>all; I'm in charge here, so I'm first-guessing -- YOU are
>second-guessing at what you think I'll let get through here.

	Don't have a cow, man! No one says you can't operate your
	system as you see fit. Those of us who insist on source routing
	base those routes on published connectivity information, e.g.
	the pathalias maps. If you don't want people to take advantage of
	those connections, DON'T PUBLISH THEM!