[news.sysadmin] RN problems under SVR5.4.

gbarnet@uswnvg.UUCP (Gary Barnette) (12/11/90)

Howdy,

I am news to news administration and just got a news feed going
here without too much trouble until I tried to use rn. We need
it so that we can use the rrn version and NNTP (is that all
that is needed for remote reading?). Anyway, I installed rn
patches to #46. I compiles but cbreak mode doesn't seem to work.
I refuses to respond to anything except and interrupt and that
make it pretty useless. I compiles as a USG system and uses
terminfo. Vnews work OK.

We are running on a Sequent S81 (386 processores) with their
PTX UNIX. For all practical purposes, this is System 5 Rel 4.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thank you,
Gary Barnette
uunet!uswnvg!gbarnet

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (12/13/90)

In article <454@uswnvg.UUCP> gbarnet@uswnvg.UUCP (Gary Barnette) writes:
>We are running on a Sequent S81 (386 processores) with their
>PTX UNIX. For all practical purposes, this is System 5 Rel 4.

FYI: Dynix/ptx is System V Release 3 plus some minor extensions for POSIX.
System V Release 4 is an entirely different animal.

<csg>