[news.sysadmin] appending .signature file

 rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:
> alex.sarafian@dsp.analog.com (Alex Sarafian) writes:

>> Question:

>> How do I get Pnews to append more than the first
>> 4 lines of my .signature file to messages. (We
>> are running c-news, if that's any help.)

> The basic idea is to NOT have a .sig longer than
> four lines.

Sure, but that doesn't answer the question. Even
with my proud two line beauty, I don't include it
automatically; I just named the file .sig instead of
.signature, and include it by hand each time. That
avoids the great double .siggie bug that seems
rampant on the net, and lets me use my six line
.amigasig for cases where I'm talking about
newsgroup reorganization and want to emphasize the
fact that I've done one before so folks don't think
my off the wall suggestions come straight from outer
space.

So you can call me:

Kent, the man from xanth.

or you can call me:

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, COMPLETED comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.

depending on the occasion.

And I can get away with postscripts with no trouble,
since I'm still in the editor after I sign my articles.

PS. Works for me.
PPS. Have a _good_ reason for a > four line .siggie;
     Stuff that your posting software does right in
     the header lines doesn't need repeating in the
     .siggie, and stuff that seems the ultimate in
     humor or graphics arts to you will bore the rest
     of the net silly on the third reading.