[news.software.b] New l command of vnews has bugs

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (Robert N. Berlinger) (12/23/86)

Try running the new 'l' command of vnews twice in a row -- first
time it works fine, second time, it hangs.  If you interrupt, it
prints '[Hit Return to Continue]' and when you do, you get an
"abort -- core dumped".

Also, if you use '?' to see help, it says type ^L to reread the
article.  For me, this just cleared the screen and wrote the help
screen again.

Boy that was fast -- I noticed these problems 30 seconds into vnews.
Couldn't have been tested all that well!

By the way, we are running System Vr2v2 on a VAX.  If you want any
other specifics (like a copy of my localize.sh), drop me a note.
--
Robert N. Berlinger
Systems Analyst, Scientific Computing Center		Compuserve: 73047,741

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (Robert N. Berlinger) (12/24/86)

In article <834@aecom.UUCP>, naftoli@aecom.UUCP (Robert N. Berlinger) writes:
> Try running the new 'l' command of vnews twice in a row -- first
> time it works fine, second time, it hangs.  If you interrupt, it
> prints '[Hit Return to Continue]' and when you do, you get an
> "abort -- core dumped".

I researched the problem -- actually there were two separate problems --
and below is a diffs of rfuncs.c:

731c731,735
< 	return *p1 > *p2;
---
> 	if(*p1 > *p2)
> 		return(1);
> 	else if(*p1 < *p2)
> 		return(-1);
> 	else return(0);
833a838
> 	lg_array = NULL;

I assume that the patch will be included in patchlevel three (and has already
been forwarded to Rick Adams).