[news.software.b] STATTOP Variable in visual.c

clay@druks.UUCP (04/21/87)

	  Is there some reason why the STATTOP variable (used in
	visual.c) isn't in a header file?  It seems to me that
	it could be included in defs.dist as another option.  We
	like to define the feature here, but just defining it in
	visual.c causes news patches to fail.  Does anyone else
	find this a problem?

	Clay Lambert
	AT&T, Denver, Colorado
	(303)538-3991
	ihnp4!drutx!clay

kre@munnari.oz (Robert Elz) (04/22/87)

In article <68@druks.ATT.COM>, clay@druks.ATT.COM (LambertC) writes:
> 	  Is there some reason why the STATTOP variable (used in
> 	visual.c) isn't in a header file?

Just make your localize.sh add the thing, like this ...

ed defs.h <<!
$a
#define STATTOP
.
!

Its easy, won't affect patches, and doesn't require that all
the obscure options floating around be in defs.h

kre

dsp@ptsfa.UUCP (04/23/87)

In article <1574@munnari.oz> kre@munnari.oz (Robert Elz) writes:

>Just make your localize.sh add the thing, like this ...
>ed defs.h <<!
>$a
>#define STATTOP
>.
>!

Or just as easily, have localize.sh modify Makefile:

/^CFLAGS/s/-DUSG/& -DSTATTOP/

(or whatever you may have defined instead of USG)

--
David St. Pierre    415/823-6800  {ihnp4,lll-crg,ames,qantel,pyramid}!ptsfa!dsp
Don't do anything I wouldn't do standing up in a hammock.