[news.software.b] New Map Files - Latest PATHALIAS/NETNEWS versions required

mcb@lll-tis.arpa (Michael Berch) (12/10/87)

In article <8711241022.AA12529@RUTGERS.EDU> pleasant@rutgers.edu (Mel Pleasant) writes:
> . . .
> 		     * * *  N  E  T  N  E  W  S  * * *
>
> If you've been looking for that reason to upgrade your news system, here it
> is!!  Not with this upcoming posting, but with all others you'll need to be
> up to version 2.11 patch #10 of the netnews system which added support for
> the Supercedes: header.  The latest patch, 2.11 patch #13, has just been
      ^^^^^^^^^^
> released and posted to the newsgroup news.software.b.

> [...]  Updates [to the map] will be posted with a Supercedes: header.
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, that's the "Supersedes:" header, not the "Supercedes:"
header.  "Supersedes:" is correct, and the spelling error is in the article,
not the software.

I generally avoid spelling flames on the net, but I hope that the map
data will have the proper (non-misspelled) header, and that others who
use the Supersedes: header take care that they do not misspell it as
well.

Michael C. Berch
ARPA: mcb@lll-tis.arpa (soon: mcb@tis.llnl.gov)
UUCP: {ames,ihnp4,lll-crg,lll-lcc,mordor}!lll-tis!mcb