[news.software.b] rn not running CBREAK

ras@sword.bellcore.com (Raymond A. Schnitzler) (01/16/88)

I am trying to put rn up on a VAX 8650 running Ultrix.  It is running
2.11 news, and eventually it will be a server for rrn.  However, I am
still at the stage of trying to get plain rn to work locally.  It
doesn't go into CBREAK mode, as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas?  If it is of any relevance, I can
successfully get out of COOKED mode in other programs (e.g.,
gnuemacs).

Please help.

Thank you.

Ray Schnitzler
Bell Communications Research
schnitz@bellcore or ...!bellcore!schnitz

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (01/17/88)

] Problems rn on a Vax8650 won't enter CBREAK mode...
Double-check config.h and make sure TERMIO isn't #define'd.  The rn
Configure script gets confused by the presence of <termio.h> on
what is basically a BSD system...
	/r$
--
For comp.sources.unix stuff, mail to sources@uunet.uu.net.

jeff@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Jeffrey Burgan) (01/18/88)

In article <625@sword.bellcore.com> ras@sword.bellcore.com (Raymond A. Schnitzler) writes:

>I am trying to put rn up on a VAX 8650 running Ultrix.  It is running
>2.11 news, and eventually it will be a server for rrn.  However, I am
>still at the stage of trying to get plain rn to work locally.  It
>doesn't go into CBREAK mode, as it should.

I'll save the explanation. Configure defines TERMIO.

Change it to #undef TERMIO in config.h (I think this is where it is)
If not, grep for it. You, and the rest of us who have to run ULTRIX
have this problem.

Good Luck,
Jeff