[news.software.b] Bug in rn during followup...

clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris R. Lewis) (03/05/88)

For some reason, I get a "interp buffer overflow" immediately after
hitting "F" on the article included in it's entirety below.  (please no
flames on the subject matter! :-)  Before I start diving in to try
to figure out what the cause is, has anybody seen this before, see
something wrong with the article, know what the fix is?  (the code
that has this error message is a little confusing...)

Sorry to include the whole article here, but the body might have something to
do with it, and people wanting to try it with rn might not get the newsgroups
it came in, or has fast expiry on them.

Taken directly from the spool area, only "|" added to protect against
certain brain-damaged mailers.

Could it be the really long reference line?

Postnews had no problems following up to it.

Rn 4.3, patch level 40.  (Have I missed a couple?)  Xenix 2.1.3 on a Spectrix
68020 (thank god it ain't segmentation problems! :-)

--
Chris Lewis, Spectrix Microsystems Inc,
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, lsuc, yunexus}!spectrix!clewis