[news.software.b] Multicast Question

ahby@com2serv.C2S.MN.ORG (ahby) (05/02/88)

In article <146@hawkmoon.MN.ORG> det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
>I have been running multicast on herman, lily, elric, corum, and hawkmoon for
>some months now and have not had any problems (well, major ones to speak of).
>The only problem that i can think of is if one doesn't actually "cast" the
>articles frequently enough the list of articles to cast-about gets too large to
>fit into memory and malloc() fails.  Simple solution: run the multibatch script
>more frequently.  I run mine about 4 or 6 times a day and feed about 10-15
>systems or so.

Let me clarify something hjere.  Derek is running MULTICAST using some
software that was written by myself and a few others here in
Minnesota.  The multibatch he refers to part of a system we put
together that allows the broadcasting of news to multiple downstream
sites using the MULTICAST code in B News.  This has been posted to the
net before, but maybe it is time to do so again.

If anyone has any questions about this package, feel free to contact
me.