[news.software.b] News.announce.newuser seems to be empty

eric@snark.UUCP (Eric S. Raymond) (08/23/88)

In article <13546@agate.berkeley.edu>, weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu writes:
> The first thing that should be changed is that in the default news
> configuration, n.a.n should never be expired.  Henry stated that
> C news allows you to set this up.  Eric is pretty fast, so I'm sure
> it will be a feature in 3.0.

It's done -- all that was required was a trivial one-line change in the
default administration file, adding one that reads

news.announce.newuser	!v,0	local	# make this nonvolatile and permanent

How's that for service? :-)
--
      Eric S. Raymond                     (the mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)
      UUCP: ..!{uunet,att,rutgers!vu-vlsi}!snark!eric  @nets: eric@snark.UUCP