[net.lang.lisp] Flavours...

peters@ttds.UUCP (Peter Svenson) (02/09/85)

Subject: Lisp flavours info request
Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp

Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp

I am desperately searching for manuals describing exactly how to use
the flavours of the Franz-lisp. Everything i have come over until now
is that ONE flavour-implementation is FAIRLY like the lispmachine's.

Just like everybode had a Chine Nual lying about. Anyway, I would n
be very glad if someone could mail me the manual, or, if it's huge,
tell me where to find one more easily accesible.

Thanks in advance/
			Peter Svenson
				...enena!ttds!peters

liang@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) (02/10/85)

> Subject: Lisp flavours info request
> Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp
>
> Subject: Lisp flavours info request
> Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp
>
> I am desperately searching for manuals describing exactly how to use
> the flavours of the Franz-lisp. Everything i have come over until now
> is that ONE flavour-implementation is FAIRLY like the lispmachine's.
>
> Just like everybode had a Chine Nual lying about. Anyway, I would n
> be very glad if someone could mail me the manual, or, if it's huge,
> tell me where to find one more easily accesible.
>
> Thanks in advance/
> 			Peter Svenson
> 				...enena!ttds!peters
The University of Maryland implemented flavors for Franz Lisp.  They have
a technical report out documenting it.  TR-1226.  The implementation is of
course public domain.  You can right to the University requesting this
TR and if you don't have the actual implementation, I or someone else could
send you the source to you via the net.  Mail to :
                    University of Maryland
                    Computer Science Department
                    Publications Office
                    College Park, Maryland   20783
                    USA     (of course)

and ask them for TR-1226, on the Franz Lisp enhancements.

-eli

Eli Liang  ---
        University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab, (301) 454-4526
        ARPA: liang@cvl, eli@mit-mc, eli@mit-prep  CSNET: liang@cvl
        UUCP: {seismo,rlgvax,allegra,brl-bmd,nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!liang

crs@lanl.ARPA (02/11/85)

> Subject: Lisp flavours info request
> Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp
>
> Subject: Lisp flavours info request
> Newsgroups: Net.lang.lisp
>
> I am desperately searching for manuals describing exactly how to use
> the flavours of the Franz-lisp. Everything i have come over until now
> is that ONE flavour-implementation is FAIRLY like the lispmachine's.
>
> Just like everybode had a Chine Nual lying about. Anyway, I would n
> be very glad if someone could mail me the manual, or, if it's huge,
> tell me where to find one more easily accesible.
>
> Thanks in advance/
> 			Peter Svenson
> 				...enena!ttds!peters

I would also be interested in some documentation specific to flavors.
Thanks.

Charlie Sorsby
...!lanl!crs
crs@lanl.arpa