[news.software.b] this is a test

amos@taux02.UUCP (Amos Shapir) (10/09/88)

In article <108@microsoft	25144,1,1.UUCP>, brentp@microsoft.UUCP (Brent Prindle) writes:
> This is a test.

This article arrived here several times; the tab in its message-id field
seems to wreak havoc in the history file, and cause expire to complain
of an unparsable date. Is there anything a newsadmin can do about it?
--
	Amos Shapir				amos@nsc.com
National Semiconductor (Israel) P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia 46104, Israel

jay@splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) (10/11/88)

In article <197@taux02.UUCP> amos@taux02.UUCP (Amos Shapir) writes:
>In article <108@microsoft	25144,1,1.UUCP>, brentp@microsoft.UUCP (Brent Prindle) writes:
>> This is a test.
>This article arrived here several times; the tab in its message-id field
>seems to wreak havoc in the history file, and cause expire to complain
>of an unparsable date. Is there anything a newsadmin can do about it?

My feed got it over *2000* times. The same bug has appeared in messages
in rec.games.hack and in sci.space.shuttle, though not as many times.

I gave up on expire fixing it, and simply issued
'cd /usr/spool/news/misc/test; rm *'.

Time to send messages to postmaster@microsoft...

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:       uunet!nuchat!           | adequately be explained by stupidity.