[news.software.b] Bravo! for Rick Adams

bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) (01/27/89)

I think it's time for another hearty cheer and pat on the back for
Rick's long suffering and conscientious work on the news software.
In his "copious free time" he keeps us running and still finds the
time to make the tweaks and torques to make it work even better.
It's too bad that he gets heat for it from time to time.

I applied patches 15-17 today and the new expire capabilities gave
me a smooth 5Mb additional free space in /usr/spool.  That's not
a whole heck of a lot unless you only have 30Mb in /usr/spool!

He made it clear that this would be the last major effort towards
stitching up the old system with the news ones imminent, and I
guess I agree with him.  I still think we can't thank him enough
for what he does and has done (not to diminish the work that his
predecessors did).  One snappy salute from this site, THANKS Rick!
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill@ssbn.WLK.COM

jim@tiamat.FSC.COM (Jim O'Connor) (01/28/89)

In article <1129@ssbn.WLK.COM>, bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
> I think it's time for another hearty cheer and pat on the back for
> Rick's long suffering and conscientious work on the news software.
>
> I still think we can't thank him enough
> for what he does and has done (not to diminish the work that his
> predecessors did).  One snappy salute from this site, THANKS Rick!

I concur whole-heartedly!  I find the news to be very useful,
educational, and occasionally entertaining, and I am glad Rick has done so
much to help bring it to us.

He should also be applauded for his work at uunet, where he has on several
occasions rescued me from the depths of stupidity.

THANKS!
--jim
-------------
James B. O'Connor			jim@FSC.COM
Filtration Sciences Corporation		615/821-4022 x. 651

hack@merkin.cactus.org (Greg Hackney) (01/29/89)

>In article <1129@ssbn.WLK.COM>, bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>> I think it's time for another hearty cheer and pat on the back for
>> Rick's long suffering and conscientious work on the news software.

And for making and distributing all those "mod.sources" tapes!

In article <237@tiamat.FSC.COM> jim@tiamat.FSC.COM (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>He should also be applauded for his work at uunet, where he has on several
>occasions rescued me from the depths of stupidity.

He couldn't help me there...
--
Greg

linimon@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Mark Linimon) (01/30/89)

In article <1129@ssbn.WLK.COM>, bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
> I think it's time for another hearty cheer and pat on the back for
> Rick's long suffering and conscientious work on the news software.

To second the motion, I propose that everyone who feels the same way email
to Rick.  Filling up his mailbox for a day may be a small r.o.i. for the
effort he's put in, but what the hey.

Mark Linimon
home: killer!nominil!linimon