--
From: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom

ulmo@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Brad Allen) (02/17/89)

> ^G searches for the next Subject: line in an article, but searches
> what I've already read: the current screen.  It should start

That's not a bug, that's a personal preference.

I suggest you make local modifications or program your own news reader
if you really feel about these things.

As it is, I happen to prefer it the way it is.
My particular reason is that I expect to see the entirety of every message,
including the whole header, without fail, in a consistent fasion,
and ^G does just this, without any questions or bugs involved.
What you suggest is unintuitive, and significantly harder to program.
It's also prone to much human error:  I decide not to read something,
so I hit ^G, not knowing that rn (under your scheme) just skipped over
something that I wanted to read.