[news.software.b] expire is broken in bnews 2.11.14

lad@lad.UUCP (lad) (08/05/89)

Help!  I'm having a problem with expire under b-news 2.11.14.  The problem is
simple, expire dosen't!  It will not expire anything, although some articles
are months old!

Does anyone have a hint as to what may be going on?  I've tried everything
except re-building news again from scratch.

--
         Lawrence A. Deleski             |       Silicon Compiler Systems
         uunet!sdl!lad                   |       15 Independence Blvd.

jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) (08/07/89)

In article <1294@lad.UUCP> lad@lad.UUCP (lad) writes:

>Help!  I'm having a problem with expire under b-news 2.11.14.  The problem is
>simple, expire dosen't!  It will not expire anything, although some articles
>are months old!

As you did not specify the op-sys (which could be important), I'll
take a stab at it.
You might try the HP9K5 def, it sounds like your system does not
like the ndir supplied with B news.
--
Jack 		Computer Support Corportion		Dallas,Texas
Hudler		UUCP: {texsun,texbell,attctc}!csccat!jack