[news.software.b] C news installation problem

mcmahon@isctsse.UUCP (Brendan McMahon) (09/26/89)

Attempted to install Cnews today.   Rnews worked fine spooling articles to
in.coming.  However, when newsrun ran, it filled my log file with the terse
message

Sep 25 13:15:10.610 isctsse -  no Path: header
Sep 25 13:15:12.380 isctsse -  no Path: header
Sep 25 13:15:15.280 isctsse -  no Path: header

And promptly removed the batches from in.coming.

Finding the code in reject was no problem, this was the first reject test
and as the comment indicates probably the most common reject type:

	if (art->h.h_path == NULL) {
		prefuse(art);
		(void) printf("no Path: header\n");

However, I can't find where art->h.h_path was suppose to be assigned to.

Any ideas appreciated.
--
Brendan McMahon     mcmahon@kadsma.kodak.com    ..rochester!kodak!kadsma!mcmahon

wcm@geac.UUCP (W Christopher Martin) (09/26/89)

In article <310@isctsse.UUCP> mcmahon@isctsse.UUCP (Brendan McMahon) writes:
>Attempted to install Cnews today.   Rnews worked fine spooling articles to
>in.coming.  However, when newsrun ran, it filled my log file with the terse
>message
>Sep 25 13:15:10.610 isctsse -  no Path: header
>Sep 25 13:15:12.380 isctsse -  no Path: header
>Sep 25 13:15:15.280 isctsse -  no Path: header

This happens on one of our machines that doesn't handle unsigned longs.
There's a MAXLONG macro defined in relay/cpu.h that causes problems
which lead up to the above message.  You can override the definition
in h/news.h by uncommenting out the #define you find there.

Chris
--
W. Christopher Martin  wcm@geac.com or {uunet!jtsv16,utgpu,yunexus}!geac!wcm