[news.software.b] C News statistics scripts

smaug@eng.umd.edu (Kurt Lidl) (10/04/89)

Is there any place around that I can look for some reasonable
statistics scripts for C-News?  I recently noticed a script
(plus an update) that was written in perl, but we do not
run perl here and do not intend to install YA software utility
(at least not just for this :-).

So, if you have something that will run under SunOS 4.0.3c,
please mail it to me (or just tell me where to
find it).  Thanks.

==  Kurt J. Lidl  (smaug@eng.umd.edu)	(301) 454-3184	==
==  UUCP: uunet!eng.umd.edu!smaug	(301) 454-1526	==
========="X Windows: Power Tools for Power Fools"=========

denny@mcmi.uucp (Denny Page) (10/04/89)

smaug@eng.umd.edu (Kurt Lidl) writes:
>I recently noticed a script
>(plus an update) that was written in perl, but we do not
>run perl here and do not intend to install YA software utility
>(at least not just for this :-).

I think, that with a little work, you could convert nstats from Perl to
awk (I have no plans to do so at this time).  If you do, please send me
a copy - if it functions relatively the same, I will try to maintain and
upgrade it alongside the Perl version.

That being said, I would like to add that Perl is a very nice language,
and worthy of your time to install it.  Having convinced my company to
include Perl as a member of the PD (Public Domain/Distribution) tape
provided with each system, I may have written my last awk script.
--
Someday has arrived