[news.software.b] CNEWS: Errors When Posting to Moderated Groups

mark@DRD.Com (Mark Lawrence) (09/29/89)

When posting to a moderated newsgroup, I get the following:
/usr/lib/news/inews: mailing your article to a-mod-ng@uunet.uu.net
/tmp/in9363ngs: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/news/inews: no active groups in
/tmp/in9363in: No such file or directory

(substitute your favorite moderated ng for a-mod-ng)

When I check outgoing mail, I see that it is really heading out.
So I'm not too worried about the messages (things work).  I'm curious
as to what may be mis-configured to cause such errors.

We're running cnews patched up to modified 14-Sep.
--
   mark@DRD.Com                (918) 743-3013              Jer. 9:23,24
   {uunet,rutgers}!drd!mark

In article <1989Sep29.155547.9738@DRD.Com> mark@drd.Com (Mark Lawrence) writes:
>When posting to a moderated newsgroup, I get the following:
>/usr/lib/news/inews: mailing your article to a-mod-ng@uunet.uu.net
>/tmp/in9363ngs: No such file or directory
>/usr/lib/news/inews: no active groups in
>/tmp/in9363in: No such file or directory

Geoff says "the September patch ought to have fixed this -- I will
investigate".
--
Nature is blind; Man is merely |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
shortsighted (and improving).  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu