[news.software.b] Using dbz with Sys V

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) (10/10/89)

Well I rebuilt news(2.11.18) with the DBM option and linked
dbz.o(v1.5) into the executable.  Now what am I supposed to do? I
cannot find any docs on managing it.  Do I have to create or trim any
files?  I did a expire -R and it created three files history,
history.dir and history.pag.  The history file appears to grow as
articles are processed, the history.dir file is always zero length and
the history.pag appears fixed albeit large.  What does this mean
exactly.  Any wizards on this out there who can illuminate the picture
a bit.

Thanks to all.
--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Hughes LAN Systems, Brussels  mcvax!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim

In article <335@syteke.be> jim@syteke.UUCP (Jim Sanchez) writes:
>... Now what am I supposed to do? I
>cannot find any docs on managing it...

Rebuild the history files and that's it.

>...The history file appears to grow as
>articles are processed, the history.dir file is always zero length and
>the history.pag appears fixed albeit large...

This is all normal for dbz.
--
A bit of tolerance is worth a  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
megabyte of flaming.           | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu